Monday, February 12, 2007

Skein Winder and Spindles!!


This is a picture of the skein winder my hubby makes. It is made from my antique one.....with a few changes. I am so proud of him!! He made one for my friend....and has two more..I hope to sell at an event. The wheel part lifts out of the holder for you to take your skein off. He also made the table that the skein winder is sitting on...it folds. He made me 2...so I can put my stuff on them when we go to a reenactment. It is setting outside of my tent that I use at the reenactments. He was given a bunch of wood working tools, saws...etc for his birthday last year. I hope to get him involved in making spindles and other things. He makes great boxes/chests too.
I have lots of learning spindles...thanks to my friend SUE...she is so sweet!
At our Knit/whatevever nights out...we taught Beth and Sue to spin....I let Sue take home the spindle I showed her how to spin on....(I was a little slow in telling her she could keep it...but I meant it)....it was one a friend that had passed away made ..one of many..... I was just remembering how many more I had left........
Anyway, she made a bunch out of wooden toy wheels and dowel rod and brought them to me with that spindle too...and gave them all to me. She made herself one and had it decorated really cute......and is going to make a few more.....but it sure was nice of her to make those for me.... now I have learning spindles........
Well...now if I can learn to use my new mini cam camera... I will try to post some pics of what I have finished and working on......
Later......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat looking! I am still trying to pick out my wheel. I hope to try out a few Monday at spinning.