Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Spinning at Wanda's

I sometimes just can't wait till spinning night! I guess last night was one of those times.....I had all my stuff ready to go early in the day....instead of grabbing things as I hurry out the door.

It was a good night...we had about 12 of us....a nice group...and nice chatter. Beth brought her first yarn to the group...she did really well. Beth had borrowed one of Ginny's spinning wheels...and well...you know...... she has been bitten......... She is researching which wheel she wants...and will be getting it pretty soon.

I finished the knitting part of my fingerless gloves for my Mystery Skein Swap....I just have to do a little sewing and weave in the ends..... I may get to mail it this week!

I also spun some on my drop spindles while I was there. I am really liking to spin on my drop spindles...more than my wheel right now. I really like that I can take it with me everywhere!

That is all for now!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at spinning. I got part of the money I am going to use for my wheel today. I am doing some custom sewing for a friend. I am working on getting the yarn and fiber around to dye. Are you going to put up pics of your mits?

Susan said...

Ohhhh that sounds like such fun! I've forgotten everything Wanda taught me in my one visit, I'm afraid. Maybe someday my vehicle will be feeling quite stable and I'll trek over there.

Susan in El Reno

JD said...

Where were you sitting? I was on the floor knitting on a scarf. I will have to look for you at the next one. I do so look forward to these nights. I just wish they were closer.

anna said...

I was sitting in the rocker bye the fireplace close to the loveseat. just across from you. I was spinning on drop spindle..... and knitting.