Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Socks and Fingerless Mitts




I have finally finished my pink socks. I had them knitted for over a year...and tonight at our Guthrie Knit Nite Out...Ginny helped me with the Kitchner stitch on the 2nd sock....Jo Ellyn had helped me with the Kitchner stich on the first sock.....I just can't seem to do this by myself...but I will one day...I hope. I used a cotten blend yarn called Rio...I believe...will have to find the label to know for sure...but they are soft.

The first pic is of my fingerless mitts that I designed myself...using my handspun yarn. The cuff is done a ribbing with angora rabbit yarn, the pattern center partis done with the angora rabbit, alpaca(pink) and wool/alpaca(darker color).....then back with the angora bunnie yarn and finshed with wool yarn. I think they will be really warm next winter...what I wanted...am planning on knitting a winter headband to go with them. They look nicer in real life...I think the fuzzy bunnie yarn makes the picture kinda fuzzy.

Well...you can see I still do not know how to do the pics right...but I hope to learn sometime!!!! I have some more socks on the needles...a pair for hubby and another pair for me......Later all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check out www.knittinghelp.com has a video on how to graft stuff together.